Saturday, June 11, 2011

Transforming Your Dreams Into Your Reality




W
 hat are you dreaming of? I have said it before...dreams are important and once we have made the connection to the purpose for which we exist, they are powerful motivators that help to propel us forward to accomplish great things in the earth. 



I see my dreams through what I call a "dream lens" somewhat like a camera lens. Sometimes I can see my dream very clearly, however there are more times than not, that my dream is out of focus at first. When my dream is out of focus, time is all that is needed to bring the dream into clarity that I see it brightly through my dream lens.  Most of my dreams take some time to mature into a clear focused image. Additionally once the dream is in focus; it may take some time for me to see my dream develop into my reality. This is what I call the development stage of my dream...much like developing a picture as the process takes time and should not be rushed.

I remember back when I had a lot of passion about a dream that was yet still maturing and not at all developed. In my elation to get started and forge ahead, I thought to myself I'll start the development now and I'll just get the details along the way.   You know what occurs when you began to develop a picture that is out of focus? Well, the work you put into producing the picture is under-appreciated, because proper time was not taken to ensure a quality product and now not even the photographer can make out the fine details with assurance.  What good is a picture without details?  Details provide clarity and distinction.  So it should be no surprise to find out that my outcome produced a failed attempt to see my dream transform into reality as things never actually fell in place like I thought it would.  I attributed my failure to not having a clear picture of my dream initially to plan appropriately. I should have waited to plan based on a fully mature dream. This is a lesson now learned and currently implemented on every dream to reality journey I launch, with a much better success rate.

Mature dreams come with details. I think we must have a good understanding of the fine details, which will have a huge impact on the success of any project, goal, or endeavor.  I would even venture to say that most times it is the fine details that will ruin a project or goal if underestimated or missed entirely. Here's my point...please don't try to rush your dreams into focus moving ahead before you have the complete picture.  Seek to gain and treasure patience permitting things happening at its appointed time.  As always, I encourage prayer along the way to help guide your steps and also to keep your focus on what matters most...which is the assignment the Lord has specifically given each one of us.  Seek...Explore...Find...LIVE YOUR DESTINY to the fullest and see your dreams transform into your reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment